Thursday, November 29, 2012

Uggins, Niggas, & Niggers

Tried to stay away from this subject here, but I think people are a bit confused when I use such vile language. I honestly try to keep that word out of my vocabulary, but this self-hate I was taught mixed with a little bit of knowledge of who exactly I am fuels this bullshit I participate in. In no way, shape, or form are my intentions to display a self-hatred or hatred of others when spewing such venom. My intentions are solely to insult one or to make a situation relatable to someone who considers themself one of or all of the above terms. One elder once said to me "nigger or nigga all comes from the same vocal chords, which makes them the same exact word." Tis' true, but try convincing Waka Flocka Flame or Jay-Z that their term of endearment is actually them insulting one another. I struggle with such concepts being that the populace feels this term is either a term of endearment or is associated with Black people in either a positive or negative way. See when I use the word amongst my friends, it's usually just a word I use to get their attention or a substitute for their name. I like to think that it is of the "a" and not "er" variety, but hey like that wise elder told me it all registers the same vocally (via vocal chords). I OFTEN use the "er" brand of the word to describe an imbecile, savage, ingrate, untamed being whom walks the Earth oblivious to their outrageous actions and does so with a sense of pride, arrogance even. That term is not reserved for a particular race and I find it hilarious when I spit that hot 16 at a Non-Black person. It flips their whole world upside-down in a manner where a rebuttal is literally impotent. That's my shit right there, that flustered look on a person when being insulted in a manner they cannot understand. Not to say that the word nigger is a whale of a word to understand, the concept that a nigger being someone OTHER than a Black person is just too incredible for them to fathom. I know this tone seems very boastful... Well because it is! Me using THAT word in such a manner which dispels any bullshit stereotype of Black people being the solamente niggers is a win in my little Black book. Yes Black people can be niggers, but it has absolutely nothing with them being Black. Oh yeah and uggin is just nigga pronounced backwards; check out your favorite 1990s hip hop records radio friendly version (shouts to Dupree). Those are my ingredients to my organized confusion of logic, which runs through my mind daily; thought I'd share a lil' bit. Peace!

No comments: