Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Soldiers Story


October 25, 2000 was the day I left my mother’s home in Deltona, Florida to pursue a career in the U.S. Army. I justified my reason for joining was for school money (which I used 10 years later), but I knew I was coerced by a slick-talking recruiter trying to get his numbers up. It was cool for me because I was chillin’, getting paid, out of my mother’s hair, and too busy enjoying my membership in the biggest fraternity in America. 3 years later I was in Iraq fighting for oil and I never had a gas bill in my name or owned a car at that point. Luckily I made it home in one piece(peace), but I could not say the same for all of my comrades. Let’s fast-forward 9 years after my experience in Iraq and slick-talking recruiters are still coercing indecisive young men and women into joining the Armed Forces. We view the military as being such an honorable profession although the main objective of our military is to destroy, conquer, and rebuild or remodel into what this country wants another country to be. Instead of being truthful to potential recruits, they’re being sold that they’re performing a duty they owe to a nation of people who may not even agree with the agenda this government is trying to execute via military action. Please tell me Mr. Slick-Talking Recruiter, how are we going to civilize people by bombing their homes and shooting their men who are simply defending their land we invade? Don’t worry about it I’ll be too busy never forgetting 9/11 and figuring out which country to hate next, while you persuade our youth into dying for a country that wouldn’t negotiate their return if captured by the enemy you have taught them to hate. Poor people kill poor people to make rich people richer.

No comments: