Monday, November 5, 2012

Black Hypocrites in Politics...

One day til election day. I honestly could give 15 fucks or shits, but this is not me trying to convince others to be as carefree as I am. This is me expressing my frustration when it comes to my community and their political awareness. Over a month ago actress Stacy Dash came out supporting Republican candidate Gov. Mitt Romney and was crucified for doing so, particularly by the Black community. A couple of things wrong with this scenario... First, why do we give a damn about who an actress endorses for the presidency? Since when does Stacy Dash have any kind of political influence over anyone in this country? In fact, if she does then that person (I doubt it'd be more than one) should actually NOT have the right to vote. That may seem a little harsh being that people have died for the right to vote, but I seriously doubt they fought for idiots to vote just because they can or because it's cool. I think the impetus behind that struggle came from a place genuine which wanted politically educated persons to exercise this right, not for those who wanted to participate in a popularity contest. Celebrities using their celebrity to sway a person and what they value as important to them is total bullshit, yet when we were warned by such practices (by the late-great Frank Zappa), nobody listened and now we are here. Now it is decades later and z-list harmless actresses with zero influence are being put through hell-fire for voicing her political stance, while rappers who promote drugs, violence, guns, materialism, misogynistic views, self-hate, genocide, and the total destruction of their own communities with MORE influence than just about any actor/actress endorse a candidate because it's just a popular thing to do. Stacy Dash is a victim of Freedom of Speech, yes a victim. See that only applies when what you say is attractive, not when it's actually a free thought free from faddish influence. President Obama may actually be someone people genuinely want to vote for and I'm not accusing all of his supporters of being influenced by such powers outside of the political arena, but damn when songs like "My President Is Black" is a hit record by rappers who rap about selling his own people drugs are hit records in an election year (4 years ago)... I'd be hard-pressed looking for a legit President Obama advocate who can converse with me about his policies and how it affects their everyday lives if I walk down Flatbush Avenue and grab the first 10 I see. Okay that's a bit much, I'll say 9. Doesn't really matter now, I honest to (someones) God/Goddess believe he will be re-elected and this blog post will be lost in the shuffle and dismissed as another bullshit opinion from some guy most over 99% of voters never heard of. Maybe I should send this to my favorite rapper to spit as hot-fire over a Kanye West beat and it'll make some noise. Nevermind, I'm in the library and this girl next to me breath is fucking kicking I'm out. CHeck your ingredients, Peace!

1 comment:

Ms. MegaTude said...

Re-election won, I think you're right on so many levels with this one. But I do feel that if the defining factor to anyone's political vote or reason for choosing anything over something else is based on...
1. music billboards
2. ANY celebrity
3. anything other than their own personal situation
...those ppl should b shot!!

Makes history looks like a fucking joke and out forefathers are def rolling over in their graves. They didn't die for us to eventually be able vote for a black man and remain followers in a foreign land, they died so that we could AT LEAST HAVE A SAY in who we choose to sell our souls too.

Hope you all chose wisely!