Thursday, November 8, 2012

Global Warming for Melinated People

Now this is going to sound crazy, ignorant, and crazy ignorant all in one but please enlighten me as to what is the big deal with Global Warming? I'm from Afrikan descent which explains this melanin in my body, shouldn't I like Global Warming? I mean, I'm from Flatbush Brooklyn and every fall/winter I watch my fellow West Indian people struggle with this temperature they're not used to or built for. We can't seem to shake the sandals and t-shirts, no matter how much the windchill factor drops in my beloved New York City. Maybe we need a warmer planet. White people are something like what 1/7th of the population on this Earth which is nowhere near the majority or enough of a people to be a deciding factor if we were to have a serious vote on any social issues on Earth which affects everyone as a whole. Now I don't know all the scientific facts behind Global Warming, but one thing for sure is that there is constant mention of ice caps melting and blah blah blah... LOOK, if everyone was left where they were supposed to be there would be no concern about Global Warming. You don't believe me, check this out. Without giving one a total history lesson, we can historically trace Global Warming back to the Industrial Revolution. The Industrial Revolution was directly influenced by the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. If slavery wasn't so profitable, then there would be no need to make it even MORE profitable. From the Industrial Revolution we got the steam engine (1775) then 117 years later the diesel engine. The number 1 and 2 reasons for the accelerating rate of Global Warming are engine-related causes; fossil-fuel burning power plants and carbon-dioxide emissions from burning gasoline for transportation respectively. So basically all I'm saying is this shit ain't my fault or concern. The cultures of conquered peoples have a common factor which is "we are One with the Earth." Basically, we understand the need for every single creature/living thing in the ecosystem, so who taught you/us that these plants, animals, and fish were for us to consume until they are no more? Global Warming not only effects the human beings here, it effects the entire environment. Maybe if we kept in mind everyone/thing that is effected by this Global Warming epidemic then it'd make much more sense for it to be an issue we need to pay attention to, but we don't. We don't give a fuck enough to care about anyone but ourselves, which is actually a foreign practice to people of Afrikan descent like myself. So what I'm trying to say is let the fucking Earth heat up til Alaska is a beach (even though I can't swim) because it ain't my damn fault. Blame the... Nevermind, I'm about to drive around Brooklyn for 3 hours in my car while I look for gas, then wait 3 more hours in line to get gas just so I can park my car and take a city bus where I need to go. No worries, I recycle so I'm good right? Right? Riiiiiiight... Check your ingredients, Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nature over nurture i see… Hmmm, Not so sure that works as well as u think… But good blog nonetheless, won't get to crazy since I'm the only comment uve received so far on any blog. But there needs to b a first so that the rest can come flooding n!!!