Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Slaughter-bration

Yeah well I know Thanksgiving Day was last week but I figured nobody would be doing much internet surfing unless it was for Black Friday deals so I held on to this one until that 9-5 came calling yall names... So Indian saved the Pilgrim and the Pilgrim killed him, hmph! Yeah we all know the deal with the Pilgrims (crossing my fingers that the people who read this blog daily actually DO know the deal) and I get that that MAY not be what you're celebrating exactly. Check this out, if I smoke yo' God damn cousin in front of you uggin (Menace II Society reference) and celebrated that day annually AND passed down that tradition of celebrating that day to my kinfolk who will carry that tradition, how would you feel? I mean it might not be AS bad being that me smoking your cousin didn't lead to the demise of your whole entire family tree which still isn't as bad as a whole entire RACE of people pretty much wiped off the map. Me being Black and living in a White supremecist societ I'm always reminded that I should just "get-over" or forget about slavery, but what about the Natives? What about the people indigenous to this soil? Are they just supposed to forget about 1492 and every day after that? Are they supposed to revel over flicks showing Cowboys killing "Indians?" I mean their people have been used as mascots for professional teams and the National Football League has the audacity to create a "rivalry" which perpetuates this Cowboys and "Indians" beef with the Dallas Cowboys being archrivals to the Washington REDSKINS (which is like saying NIGGER if you ask me). Their culture has been mocked and ridiculed as if their belief system is fairytale, yet they are one of the few cultures we learn so little about that respects the areas and lands they dwell. Imagine that, a people who respect the Earth taken off of the Earth so We can destroy the Earth with values which offset theirs. Now imagine celebrating that massacre "innocently" every 4th Thursday in November. How do you think those people who are kin to those victims feel? I bet if 9/11 was a holiday in Gaza you'd have a fit... Check your ingredients and pass that leftover turkey, Peace!

2 comments:

Charles Small said...

Hmmm, so i guess we should all be thankful that in a few years Thanksgiving will probably be no more, and the day would be Black Friday Eve.

James said...

And here thanksgiving was my fave holiday because it seemed like the least off the wall, I don't celebrate no holidays not even birthdays but I like thanksgiving. And personally I wouldn't care who celebrated 911 because all governments are evil and war is evil but I agree most of these dumb patriotic people would. I knew thanksgiving didn't happened like it was taught in school but the food and the part about being thankful gives u selective memory on that day. Too bad the Native American voices arent heard or listened too.