Friday, March 1, 2013

Thank You Marchuary...

Boy was I sick & tired of reading about "respectable" Negro people that this society has deemed safe enough to celebrate in the shortest month of the year. I want to thank all my fellow Black people who unlike me, will no longer celebrate ANY Negro people for the next 365 days. See you guys are motivation, my fuel. The more I see how ignorant you are to Our history, the more I want to learn and spread what I learn to You and Others. See I get upset sometimes when my peers are too busy fawning over celebrity pregnancies, the latest viral sensations, and what the First Lady has on today, but I have to stay focused and realize that those distractions aren't for me. When I say that they aren't for me, it's me simply acknowledging that those are obstacles and weapons of mass destruction being used to deviate my attention from what I should be paying attention to. I cannot lie I'm late to the party, but better woke late than never. This later stage of my life has made others view me different, my new sense of pride has those trained to solely be proud in February think I'm "going too hard" or "practicing reverse racism" (whatever the fuck that is), so I get a lot of backlash when I come off as what you people call militant. I absolutely positively don't fucking care. Listen, you can have your month to celebrate the Negro people of this country who've made strides for the African American community (which are barely even noticed/celebrated), but see I've had enough White history decades ( I'm 30) so pardon my back while I celebrate some Black and African people for the next couple of decades. Peace!

No comments: