Friday, March 15, 2013

Zone is frozen you sweating? Woooooo

Listen I get it, the NYPD ain't SHIT. I get everyone's stance and feelings on the NYPD as a the enforcers of the law, sometimes the abusers of it as well. To condemn every single police officer walking this Earth would be ignorant of me, because that'd be the equivalent of judging a whole race of people by the actions of a few. So I'm torn because I get stopped for I.D. knowing it's only because I'm Black, but if there is a child molester or murderer living on my floor I'm most definitely calling 9-1-1. So I'm going to visit this FROZEN ZONE shit going on in my BELOVED Flatbush, Brooklyn. This is the neighborhood of Brooklyn which has made me who I am today. I was driving down Snyder Avenue around 7pm with my wife and child and I see about 4 cops on horses, police trucks, and countless "walk-foots" (cops on the beat) in a concentrated area. It sort of looked like they were being briefed or gearing up for something. I then realized this is around the area where a riot took place earlier in the week. I most definitely make a mental note of it and already know the police are preparing themselves for something, perhaps another "peaceful" vigil for the young man Kimani Gray who was murdered by police. I fall asleep waiting on the Knicks to play, wake up around 2:15am and I see a whole lot of Facebook posts about a "Frozen Zone" and words like "MARTIAL LAW" are on every other posts, with a couple of "fuck the pigs/NYPD." So immediately the jerk/asshole in me wants to look at this situation objectively, because I find it to be a fucking super power to be able to understand both spectrums of any situation. Now when you motherfucking President Obama supporters were out there drinking that Fist-Bump knuckle juice, he hit Us over the head with a NEW & IMPROVED Patriot Act. See New Yorkers instead of being outraged by such a gesture, you were out here trying to declare your freedom to drink a fucking BIG SLAM PEPSI because it made you feel like you were FREE. The rest of the nation was bickering about whether or not "God" should be in the classroom OR gun laws which quite honestly do not effect us until they basically take away ALL guns. So I don't want to hear SHIT about martial law because we BEEN HERE! What's so crazy is that you people need to be personally punched in the face to know that when you get punched in the face it actually hurts. If this fucking frozen-zone was in a town with population 3400 people nobody would give a flying fuck, but since it hits home directly (in a part of town which isn't even all that safe) you want to cry about martial law. What a lot of my fellow Brooklynites, New Yorkers, American residents DO NOT know is that the police have been in that neighborhood on every corner in squad cars from 4pm-10pm (roughly) because a young woman was raped and people were being robbed at gunpoint, some even shot. The police aren't enforcing these frozen-zone rules in areas which scream "WE ARE SAFE HERE AT DAY OR NIGHT." Church Ave is not a safe street to walk down after a certain time of night, and the fucking people who live in that neighborhood can tell you this. I've witnessed some of the most violent shit on Church Avenue and I've served in IRAQ. Furthermore, lets not get besides ourselves because WE as citizens cannot/refuse to police ourselves! This is the same community that will watch a Black kid kill another Black kid and put the victim on a t-shirt, wall, or throw a party in the kids name or dedicate a basketball tournament for them AND say "free my nigga _______" who fucking murdered him. The minute a White cop kills a Black kid we're robbing fucking Rite Aid where our grandmother buys her meds from to stay alive and break the windows on the B35 bus we use to get to work & school. For those of you reading this and thinking to yourself "well that ain't me out there rioting and blah blah blah..." Well guess what, you let them. We didn't self-check that in OUR community so now somebody else has to. I don't give a fuck, freeze every zone. If you think I'm full of shit, I DARE all of these criminals out there to NOT commit a crime this weekend. PEACE!

1 comment:

Charles Small said...

I think we just live in an age of oxymorons. You pride yourself that "your hood is gully" but then get upset at the gully ish that happens there.

It comes from a sense of no accountability. Every time something happens in my neighborhood, a piece of me feels like its my fault. Not that I did it, but nothing I have done prevented it. Maybe my actions prevented stuff that I'll never know about, but what happens is what Im affected by. So I feel like I gotta do something. But here folks like to blame the NYPD. "They did it! They're corrupt! They kill Black people!" And its easy for the rage to die down within a few months and everyone goes back to their "business as usual." What they ultimately forget is if that Kimani kid wasn't shot by the cops, the stats show he was very likely (or a similar kid) to succumb to the same fate at the hands of one of those very people complaining and rebelling against the NYPD. Someone in the very neighborhood.

But maybe is the same thing as when someone smacks their little brother all the time, but will fight for him when someone else does it. In either case though, its very illogical.