Friday, March 22, 2013

Worms

Can't judge a worm by fish standards. Can't judge a fish by a bear's standard. Can't judge a bear by a rifle's standard. Those people who shoot rifles like to put people in catergories which further seperate, yet bring certain folk together. My culinary background makes me evaluate certain peeps cooking skills on a whole nother level, but it doesn't make me judge their character in the least bit. See we have to level the playing field here, and until we do so suck my dick. Now I do not mean that in any sexual way at all, but I do so mean that ever so sensual because it's offensive. See I've been offended my whole life being tested like an experiment monkey with these fucking standardized tests which may or may not punt me into the right playing field of life. Can you imagine being 6 years old and not making the cut for an elite program in an elementary school because you didn't pass a test by a point or two and the opposite of passing is being a 6 year old in a classroom with less teachers and no textbooks? Or nah you're cool with that? Nobody wants to open up that can of worms, because we'd then have to seriously discuss how we evaluate EVERYTHING on a life scale. My African mind wouldn't do well in a Euro-centric society, so when you tell me it's about ME ME ME eye won't understand because my DNA is telling me WE US THEM. Nevermind, bow down bitches... PEACE!

1 comment:

Charles Small said...

Dame, I think thats why this fight is kinda hard. We care about our communities and our people, all the while they're groomed to care about nobody but themselves. It makes it difficult to reason to them to live like a community.

While i never had a problem with the testing, I always put myself in the position to help as many others as I could, because I knew what that meant. Just as you mentioned. I couldnt change the system, but I pressed to help as many as I could not to fall through the cracks and be disadvantaged even more than we already were. But there was already a stigma towards individuals who did well, because many of them said f** everybody else, just as the system (society) taught/told them too. I couldnt. The ME ME ME society mindset doesnt work for me either.