Monday, March 11, 2013

All aboard!!

Currently on the Amtrak Acela Express heading to Philly. Why?? Cuz I have an interview with a company that can change me life as I know it.

Seems drastic to most I'm sure to travel this far for a job but guess what, and a career is what I'm after and I'm not special enough to have it simply dropped in my lap. But sometimes when you put it out there, up there, pray, wish, hope whatever it is that you do...sometimes, and most sometimes, the universe talks back. Are you listening??

So I choose not ignore the jobs that add time to my commute and would rquire me to get up an hour earlier. And I read the postings for OT and even OC. And as I sit on this train I realize that my motivations for doing this, right now, are bigger than me. I'm thinking about kids to come, and education systems, and health and emergency care and opportunities and lack of limitations that my concrete jungle in the middle of a mad/crowded/consuming city sometimes restricts.

Not bashing where I'm from, it's made me who I am. But I can't do paycheck to paycheck just to maintain my independence and I just don't see living in moms basement with hubby and child as a permanent way to go. (In between gigs, Unexpected lay off, Saving for a house cool months tops though). And many front like its the best thing ever, but depending on what you want in/from life, there are downsides to this big city living that will forever stand in your way. And the lights and buildings do nothing for me any more. I crave peaceful, serene, quiet when it should be, and civility amongst neighbors, as equal equal opportunity as it can get and decency.

My decisions today will without a doubt affect my life 1, 5, 10 years from now. And as for the uncontrollable I pray you be gentle. And the controllable, I'mma tighten my grip. No tattoos or hair styles or cynicism or negativity are gonna keep me from doing me. I got plans. Shit to do. Moves to make. Trees to shake. Never was one did the fortune and game. But comfort and security go a long way as well and my unforseeable children will want for naught! And if they take longer come, I can live knowing that whenever they do, I'm ready.

Live for today but always have your mind on tomorrow.

It's always tomorrow, never yesterday.

Next stop. 30th street Philly.

#wishmeluck
#ordontimblessed



No comments: