Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weapons of Mind Destruction

One of the deadliest and poisonous weapons ever used on a mankind was/is His-Story. When you rewrite or erase a people from the history books, they're accustomed and subjected to whatever those in control see fit. If I want to convince you that you're a savage, I'll tell your people for generations that they're savages, write them into the history books as savages, and even when the TRUTH comes to light I will reinforce those savage stereotypes by depicting you and your people as savages via new and improved avenues. Does this sound far-fetched? Does this sound like a tactic of mental warfare? Are you a victim of these practices? I know I am, a recovering one. Not a victim in a sense that I was lost or confused about the history of My ancestors or people, but a victim in a sense that My history was hidden from me; another tactical movement. We as human beings must arm ourselves. Me as a Black/African/African-American man I have no choice but to arm myself, because these tactics are directly aimed towards me and my existance. I can no longer allow myself to be a victim. I can no longer indulge in a lifestyle which keeps me ignorant to the truth. I can no longer entertain His-Story. I must write/right my own story, our story, History. Peace!

No comments: