Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Frankly Speaking

What do you think my brain is made for, is it just a container for the mind?
This great gray matter
What do you think my eyes are made for, are they just decorations for the blind?
These soft shades matter
What do you think my ears are made for, are they just for muffling the sounds?
These soundwaves matter
What do you think my feet are made for, are they just to remind me of the ground?
These MJs matter
What do you think my mouth is made for, is it just to hide those pearly whites?
These loud Js matter
What do you think my hands are made for, are they just to work and fight?
These long days matter
What do you think this tough heart was made for, just to push me through the grind?
Those hardened ways matter
What do you think these chromosomes were made for, just to say I got mine?
Daddy-daughter days matter
What do you think this know-how, wit, and gut feeling provide?
These fathers matter
What do you think this nuture, love, and common sense align?
These mothers matter
What do you think this village, community, and People invite?
Sisters & Brothers
What do you think is wanted by these enemies of you and I?
When nothing matters
That soft pink matters.


No comments: