Friday, January 18, 2013

Knock Knock It's We Again

Hi my name is Damien and I too am poor
I mean I'm rich in spirit, family, knowledge, drive but my pockets do not rival the average law-maker in this nation We dwell in
Yes, We dwell in...
We dont make noise, We do not disturb the "peace," We just sit around and spectate
We're spectators of our own lives
We let men and women We give power to, dictate the lives We live and We choose the lesser of two evils
We let the minority control the thoughts and actions of the majority
We let them pit us against one another
We let them diss us and blame our Brothers
We let them discuss and claim we've never been better, but then they dismiss us and play in sunny weather
We got to be buggin'
I mean We got to be something other than a punching bag
Enough's been had, well by me
Duped us for way too long, shit's not going well by me anymore
Plenty more fools for you to play with
Who don't wanna say shit, but they aint none of the people I came with
Knock knock, We up

1 comment:

audi said...

Sh!t, u make me wanna go run in the streets screaming at the top of my lungs... except I'm not sure what I'd be screaming. This is good stuff, Dame.