Wednesday, January 16, 2013

C.R.E.A.M.

I love revisiting historical events I learned about as a child, now as an adult. The his-story books we were taught as being gospel played a big role in shaping my perspective of America, it's citizens, it's victims, and other societies/civilization in this world I was not alive to witness or partake in. Sometimes it's by me just doing my own investigations of such events and re-evaluating the situation or sometimes it's as easy as someone enlightening me of the truth or new facts never before known. Shit, sometimes it's as the government coming out and apologizing or admitting to some fuckery and people'll overlook the matter and dismiss these atrocities because it did not happen to them personally; it was something that happened to people who are no longer here or relevent to their own personal existance. How fucking wack is that? Why is noone upset about history being altered with ulterior motives, hidden agendas? Why do we dismiss objectively thinking about the reasons why something would be hideen, information "lost?" Why do we categorize people with the ability to analyze a situation differently a conspiracy theorist or just plain bat-shit crazy? Oh I get it... When people start paying attention to the truth, that's when you start fucking up the money and we all know
Conspiracies Rule Everything Around Me, cream get the money... Shalom!

2 comments:

audi said...

I admit as a student, I hated history/global studies courses simply because they were boring to me. Now, as an adult, I feel I've missed out on some important shit. I could blame the school system for not making the delivery of the subject matter "appealing enough", but that excuse can only suffice about 20 yrs ago. I'm an adult now & it's my responsibility to educate myself on the FACTS, not just what was in textbooks at the time of my adolesence.

Charles Small said...

I once heard "it is the victors who get to write history" when posed the question of why some objectionable actions of the past were kept unknown. Stuff you learn in a Green Lantern cartoon on a Saturday morning, right.

The thing about history, is nobody wants to face the question "did I/we do the right thing?" Best way to avoid the question is to hide particular facts/events that would make someone posture a possible alternative or a differing perspective. That's why information is "lost".

The things one would do when they want to be beyond reproach or accountability. How petty and egotistical to alter history so no one can say "you were wrong!"