Thursday, January 3, 2013

Either do it or don't!

To all those screaming, yelling, posting, tweeting, im'ing, blogging, and lying "New Year, New Me", blow it out your ass, no seriously.

I've never been one for resolutions, either I do or I don't. Some things in life are just that simple. But it's kinda sad and bit disturbing that a date on a calendar, even if it is the 1st date, is such a "factor" in soooo many ppl doing the things that they need to do/shoulda been doing. Starting on 1/1 of any year, for whatever reason, doesn't make ANYTHING easier EXCEPT remembering the day you started. And if all you need is for the calendar to start over to be/feel motivated, you have bigger issues. 

Moving on...

I wonder what the Mayans are doing, cuz I'm still here and for the last few weeks or so I've been reflecting, on 2012 ofcourse, but life, mine in particular, as a whole. I love when I'm able to sit back and recount moments/events that I never thought possible to forget or get over, and realize that not only am I past it, I'm damn near healed.  And I use the word healed loosely, so there's no confusion.

This isn't healing by divine intervention or repentance for my sins, this is self-healing. This is choosing to look at oneself, in the face, and decide to either live in the past, present or future. The latter two being my personal choices. And yes, some things are unforgettable, this I/we know. Hurricanes, Mass Shootings, (in 2011 alone I lost 7 loved ones all under 40 yrs old-worst year of my life! so far...), but I'm not talking about forgetting, 'cuz I will never forget. I'm talking about healing.  Living with it AND through it.  Acknowledging the issue/problem/loss, accepting it and the lack of or amount of control you had over the outcome, and finding a place to put it so that it doesn't interfere with everything else you got going and will need to do with what remains of your life.

There's a buncha "woe is me'rs" running round crying and boo-hooing and looking for, we'll call it attention, because they don't like it when you call it pity. All they ever get from me is a side eye. YOU get YOUR life together. YOU. Back up off me with all that help me, you got it good, I wish I could shit. "Ain't nobody got time for that - in my Tamar voice, wait...wtf is Tamar?" YOU can help yourself, DIY, or at the very least, give someone a reason to want to assist-keyword. And because you're just straight lazy, ain't a reason! Not in my book.

I'm a strong woman, definitely part of my purpose in life. I say this because in my life as well as in love, I'm ALWAYS presented with situations that a lot aren't strong enough to go through with help much less alone. I'm tested, tried, and challenged, but what separates me from others is my dedication to the solution. I have but so much time to dwell on the issue itself, especially if it's one that I can't fix or do anything about. So my energy goes into "where do we go from here/how can we fix it/ what can we do mode. Those thoughts alone are already moving me forward, which is the only direction for me.

I used to say since I've been outta college, the years have simply been flying by. But they were always fast, I just wasn't paying attention until I graduated and the 1st of the month started coming around quicker and quicker. And since I don't know when (even though a gypsy told me at 72) or where I'm going to kick my bucket, I live in and for THE NOW. I do whatever I need to do, any day of the week, without the motivation of others, and because I want to. I don't wait for the winter to get my "summer body" ready, basic bitches. It's always summer body time, I travel year round. And I could care less about anyone's personal opinions (keyword=personal, kept it to yourself) and I envy no one.  As the saying goes "What you eat, don't  make me shit" and it def don't pay my rent, Go that way... 

And I'm not being mean, just straight forward and to the point, which is something else I have an issue with but I will save that for another post on another day. I'm gonna call it "Talk Arounders - Save me the schpeel and get to the point - if there is one". 


~Ms. Mega


Random:
Who started rapping in February of 2012??
Just signed a $2 million deal with Def Jam?
And has the #1 song in the club, right now???


wait for it.............


Trinidad James (Nicca nicca nicca)

Fucking disgusting!

No comments: