Monday, January 7, 2013

My Prescription

This mad mad world we live in has prescribed us a very harmful drug called "truth." Yeah quotation marks fam, hear me out though. See what we want to believe as truth has become a drug, something detrimental to our health yet we'll prescribe to it as long as it (co-)pays in the long run; or what we think is the long run. It's sort of like a crutch, something to help us along life. We're too weak as a race of Humans to live without excuses and security nets so we prance along the galaxy like we own the place holier than thou, because we have doctrine to excuse our behavior; "truth." That "truth" comes in many forms, but every single one of them are lies. The biggest "truth" will establish the hugest lie, and for that alone these words I spit (without an arm I spit) will fall upon deaf ears. An exercise in futility I'm willing to endure. You say it long enough someone old enough is bound to hear it right? Right? Riiiiiiiight... Let go of those "truths" and embrace those "lies" sometimes. Indians didn't sell Manhattan for 6 cents, beans, or were too dumb to understand the deal. You cannot sell nor own land. Apply that concept to everything you know or reject everything I spit, without an arm. Peace!

1 comment:

James said...

Damn this is well written and deep, I hate to admit its kinda going over my head. I get the part about truth, but I'm trying to figure out if u are talking about the bible which I think u are.

I get what u say about land as well but the fact is that people buy and sell land everyday but don't actually own it, just like stolen goods.

The part about applying "You cannot sell nor own land" to everything I know or reject I am confused about, how?