Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Daniella mi amor...

5:33AM I'm wide the fuck awake looking at Law & Order and an infomercial comes on with this old White man trying to sell me a child in a poor foreign country; oh I'm sorry he wants me to sponsor one. So I'm half watching, half internet surfing and I look up to see a 9 year old girl named Daniella shedding a single tear while they describe her situation to the viewer. What did they tell this girl to make her cry on cue? Is she a child actor? How genuine was that tear and if 100% genuine, why are they exploiting/capitalizing off of this childs tears? Why not save the money they're using to pay employees to film such a commercial and just give the money to the village so that they create an opportunity for themselves? We used to teach people how to fish, now we feed them Filet-O-Fish sandwiches and guilt, I mean religion. Peace!

No comments: