Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Before You Self Destruct

I'm not one to speak on relationships as if I'm some sort of expert, but if you feel like you need to kill your companion then maybe you should just walk away. I mean when it comes to violence I'm not a fan unless you're defending yourself, but to cause so much harm to someone that they cease to exist is selfish and ignorant. Not ignorant in a sense where people like to misuse the word, ignorant in it's true meaning because obviously you're unaware of the victim's plans in life. Maybe you are aware and don't give a flying fuck, but you're definitely ignorant as to how such a heinous act will effect/affect the world. So we got this knucklehead of a fooseball player on the Kansas City Chiefs who killed the mother of his child (newborn 3 months old) in front of her mother, then decides to drive to the fooseball stadium and kill himself in front of the coach and other team authorities. Why didn't this coward just kill himself? I mean I won't elaborate on the obvious because I would LOVE to assume we all agree on how we feel about the situation that occured. I want to go a step further and discuss the fucking ignorance of Americans. A very public figure gave some insight on the matter and proclaimed the reason why the young woman is no longer alive is because of guns. Guns being easily accessible and legal are the impetus behind this woman no longer being alive and a child no longer having parents. The backlash from such a statement from team Red, White, & Blue with their right to bear arms was out of this world. I mean of course the memes started and the sensitivity from these gun-toting savages was at an all-time high. My immediate thoughts were "well if guns weren't so easily accessible she probably would've been attacked by this coward anyway, but she'd probably be alive." Then it became an issue about people's freedom's and blah blah blah and AGAIN the issue at hand was ignored. A woman was  killed by a man in a domestic dispute and nobody fucking cares. What is it about this world we live in that the fucking people who birth people are second class citizens? Why are we not protective of Our women on this Earth? I'm seeing football players crying on the field the day of the game after the murder-suicide and they're defending the SHOOTER? The fucking imbecile who ruined families for generations to come is somewhere in someone's dogmatic afterlife of a place getting well-wishes from his athletic comrades to rest in peace. This woman is dead. A Woman is DEAD and nobody cares... Why? A woman is dead... Did I mention another woman is dead due to domestic violence? Dead as in no coming back from that dead. When we valued women our society was a whole lot better. I doubt I will see those days, but I hope my daughter will. Peace yall. No really, Peace...

No comments: