Thursday, December 27, 2012

Chained Brains

I seriously wished African-American/Black people in this corporation of a nation were sick and tired of all avenues being taken to show us and tell stories of us did not use the plight of our ancestors as a means of entertainment. When I hear shit like "oh it's just a film" and the nature of the film is exploitative and addressing a VERY touchy subject, I feel like I'm not saying what I'm saying LOUD enough. The last couple of weeks in this country 2 subjects were addressed in the media. One of course I spoke on before with my man RG3 the CORNBALL BROTHER and now this bullshit blaxploitation slave flick Django by the White Saviour Quentin Tarantino. It has forced both Black and Non-Black people to speak on race in a somewhat real manner. Shit was progressive UNTIL shit got too real and the things being said by prominent Black folks in the media. One incident resulted in a sportswriter (Rob Parker of ESPN)  getting suspended for speaking the TRUTH RUTH, and ironically my man Spike Lee getting portrayed as a hater (AGAIN) in the media for not accepting some bullshit Hollywood wants Black people to accept as gospel. People always talking about "racism is dead," yet when strong intellectual opinions are expressed about race by strong intellectual Black people that shit results in pandemonium. Terms like "reverse racism"(<<<suck my dick what is that?) are tossed around and then these opinions get dismissed as bullshit. The worst shit you can do is dismiss someone's opinion because that is showing how determined you/they are to keep your own agenda rolling, which may be detrimental to the well-being and welfare to a great amount of people. I'd appreciate if people kept it real with me, but I'd really appreciate if you kept it real with yourself and removed those shackles from your cranium. Peace god no pork on my fork!

No comments: