Monday, April 29, 2013

Window Pain

The world through my window isn't dark. Bright though, it may not be, yet I can still see things a bit clearer. In efforts to maintain my sanity and remain true to myself, the greater good I sought. Those dark skies became light, and the shadows and things that went bump caused less of a fright. I sought out the good and the bad faded on its own, Not to black just to the background. And the space created left room for endless possibilities. The world through my window hadn't always been fair. There were days when no sun shined and the abyss came in and took its hold. I made the choice to reclaim what's mine. My life my dreams my aspirations. No jealousy or hatred or room for negation. No simple minded people with one track minds. But a willingness to go farther that can be defined. I adjusted my lens and focus and zoomed. Imaginations should run wild, shit we've been to the moon. With constraint and a goal and a plan in hand
I retrained my brain, (oh yes, you can)
Societies fallacies and over saturation of the "truth", mean nothing unless you let it, lets take a look at it the youth. The fragile and weak and easily lead a stray, it saddens my heart to think of raising kids any where near this way.
But when you have a chance to observe those things now taken for granted.
Like love and loyalty and fidelity and standards. It should bring comfort to know that all is not lost. The story of your ancestors and the fights that they fought. Was not totally in vain
Many of us will never know their pain
Or the true meaning of struggle. Everyday struggle.

No comments: